Tuesday, July 14, 2009

To My White Compaq


Dear Laptop,
I don't know why you are doing this to me but I can tell you right now that it freakin sucks and you're giving me a massive headache. Maybe you haven't noticed but you keep hanging on me when I'm doing important things like updating the APNSC program. And then there is nothing I can do but to shut your power and turning you on again. Luckily for you, Microsoft Words was kind enough to save my document so I didn't need to break you into pieces to teach you a lesson.

Maybe you're mad at me for leaving you to that stupid Pakistani man at Low Yat on Saturday to have you reformatted and to upgrade your RAM. I know it might have been traumatic for you since I have only sent you for a reformat once to my soon-to-be brother-in-law. I'm sorry I left you in the hands of an idiotic, sweet talking asshole who gave a good price but then, somehow, screwed up your DVD drive and I had to send you there again the next day. But you see, when the stupid man insisted that your DVD drive was already not functioning when I gave it to him, I screamed at him until he fixed you up just right. And even though Asrul was pissed at me for making a scene, I think it was all worth it to have your DVD drive back to normal, wasn't it? Besides, nobody cheats me!!

But then on Sunday, you decided to screw me over again when your graphics card malfunctioned. You gave me a scare all right, what with your display like a smashed up laptop! And being the nice mommy I am, I took you back to the MidValley outlet where I bought you 3 years ago and the nice man at the shop fixed you in 15 minutes with no charge at all.

Haven't I proven to be a good owner to you? I've even bought you a new cleaning kit, headphones, and an original Bitdefender antivirus to protect you from your "multiple partners" a.k.a pendrives.

So why, oh why, my dear white lappie, do you keep displaying "System Error - Duplicate name exists on network" and keep hanging and won't change your desktop background colour and sometimes make your taskbar dissapear?

What wrong have I done to you to deserve this? Was it because I joked about throwing you out the window when you were so effing slow? Is it because I keep fantasizing about buying a Sony Vaio?

Whatever the reason is, please. PLEASE. Please be okay after I send you for yet another reformat this weekend. This time, I'll send you to the regular soon-to-be brother-in-law, okay? I PROMISE I will never again leave you in the hands of strangers. So please don't be mad at me. Even though you are slow at times and you're covered in scratches and your "B" key falls off sometimes, you're still my one, only and first laptop and I still think you're pretty even after I spilt Ovaltine on you once. I cleaned you up quite good, didn't I?

I FORBID YOU TO MALFUNCTION DURING MY RESEARCH. I LOVE YOU.

Your Mommy,
Azwa.

7 comments:

Ginger said...

hahaha u da ley wat crite psal laptop ni wa.cpat tulis skrip i nk jual bwat duit :p
btw bad bad lappie.lappie derhaka tuh!u ptt hantar die kt henry gurney bia die disiplin skit

miSz tUna said...

Nicely put. LOL.

You know, I think I got myself cheated when I sent my laptop over to low yat a few months ago.

Needless to say, that laptop is no longer functioning AT ALL.

So I will NEVER trust anyone at Low Yat ever again.

I'd rather get something slightly more pricier, like a thumbdrive or something elsewhere rather than go to Low Yat.

Lucky u have someone you know who could help u with that. My current laptop is having a problem n i have no one to turn to. three weeks without it.. i'm like a bag of mashed potatoes already.. ;(
i'm trying with my brother's friend, hopefully he'll be able to fix it..

Khairatul Azwa said...

kamal : ni warning dulu kt lappie i. kalo die malfunction mse i wat research and data sume ilang, i anta die g henry gurney trus and tamau visit die pon.

wani :LOW YAT SUCKS!!!! sumpah i bengang gle. if u can get your laptop done by someone you know, or at the very least, get it done at the place where you bought it (preferably not Low Yat), then that would be so much better. Huh. A cheaper price isn't worth it AT ALL.

miSz tUna said...

Huhu, no, I didn't buy it at Low Yat. Rather the HP store in front of Low Yat. That doesn't count as Low Yat right?? See la I belum dpt update from my bro lagi. Hope sume ok la. Manyak kije sudah tangguh woooo..

Miss Devilicious said...

hehehe nk psnan penaja jgk dkt lappy sai : ha baca nih! jgn smpai mommy hnta pg hnry gurney ok! :p

nice entry seronot baca :)

Ginger said...

hehehe btul tuh lappy saiyang b! jgn notty2! obey obey! on webbie on webbie! XD hehe at last syg komen gak :D

Khairatul Azwa said...

ha taw xpe! lme duk snyap je sai. lappie xbg komen ke? hehehe