Thursday, August 5, 2010

August, My Favorite

I think I've been waiting all year just to get to this month.

What's so fab about August?

Well, it's not just because yours truly will be turning 22 on the 15th, but also my much-awaited convocation is this weekend, plus Asrul's birthday is just 5 days after mine, and it's also the first time in 5 years that I will be spending the fasting month at home!

Yes, it has been 5 years since I last spent the whole of Ramadhan at home and I miss pigging out during the breaking of fast! Teheee. Tomorrow there'll be 2 events for graduates and I'll be going to both, then on Saturday is The Big Day.

Both Ezzura and Asrul have tickets to actually go into the hall and see me receive my scroll as both my parents managed to secure VIP tickets (thanks to my dad's many friends in UKM). I'll be wearing a new outfit of silk and chiffon which cost almost RM 500 (no doubt it will be the last piece of garment my dad's buying for me).

I've been sending out resumes with little feedback so I'm thinking, after Shawal arrives, I might just go job-hunting again but this time I'll aim low. I've got to be more positive. I'm pretty sure I'll get a government nursing position but that will take a few months, so, in the meantime, I think I'll be a kindergarten teacher. I am obsessed with cute kids. But I do hope that I'll be teaching kids 4 years old or under as all that cute screaming gets more annoying as they get older.

Monday I'll be going to the salon to get my hair done! I love going to the salon! I don't know which one I'm more excited for, my convocation or getting my hair done! This is my current hair but don't be fooled, I just had it ironed today for the convocation events tomorrow so, in reality, it looks way messier than pictured here.


At first I was thinking of just straightening my hair and opting for a brighter color (I'm thinking reddish brown) but then my mind went into overdrive and now I'm thinking of curls or a short bob. I haven't decided yet but I'm pretty sure I'll go for long curls. I'm quite bored with my long straight hair.

Oh, I almost forgot. Me and Asrul will be going for a picnic by the beach this Sunday. I won't have time to cook so I'll just head over to my favorite nasi lemak place in Kajang and perhaps pack a few sandwiches. We've never gone out of the city together before so this should be fun.

Nothing can spoil August.

2 comments:

miSz tUna said...

Have you tried wavy curls?? not too maggie-ish curly though, coz an acquaintance of mine once curled her hair, then it turned out to look like a mop then she re-straightened it back after a few days je. membazir gile kot?

have fun in august!

and again, congrats for your convo :) exciting nye dah grad..

Khairatul Azwa said...

yup, i tink i'll try wavy curls :D x sbr nye nk wat rmbt!!! hehehe!

thks so much for the well wishes! u'll ge there soon enuff :) in the meantime, enjoy ur student days while u can..!