Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Note To God



Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.

Dear Allah,

I love this guy with all my heart. Even though we may have our differences, there is not a day of my life since I met him that I have not been thankful to You for sending him to me. Now, all the heartbreaks and sleepless nights I have had since I first fell in love as a foolish teenage girl makes sense, because I would not have met him if it wasn't for the path my life has led me. We have both done mistakes in the past and it was only with the strength and love that You gave us that we were both able to seek forgiveness and it only made our relationship stronger. You have given him the realization and patience that he needed to change, and I can say now that he has. He is everything I could ever ask for and he makes me happy everyday. He is the kind of guy who would insist on carrying my handbag because he thinks it's too heavy for me, hold my hand and keep me from bumping into people because I always do, and say I'll steal the attention from the bride at a wedding when I'm feeling fat. I love him more than words can ever describe.

Please let me keep him. Even though I think at times that he is too good for me, please let me learn from my mistakes and give him the patience to wait for the changes I have to make. Please let him be my soul mate. Please let my parents like him with time, and bless us with the materials we need to build a happy home together. Please give me the strength to evade from distractions that are no good for me and make my heart stronger day by day.

Please let it be that, when I'm old and gray, we will be able to look into each other's eyes and still feel the love that we feel right now.


Amin.

No comments: