Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Promise of 2010

I'm just 2 days away from a whole new year. The day when our beautiful 3rd rock completes it's full circle around the sun.

Believe it or not, we have been together for 2 years and yet I have never celebrated the new year with my lovely boyfie. The first year he was unavailable under certain circumstances. *ahem* The second year, my parents did a barbecue and I had to be there and we weren't ready for him to meet my parents yet.

And now, we are coming into our 3rd year together. I have to say, 2009 was a good year for us. We (he) improved a lot and we learnt a lot from each other. Highlights of this year? London, of course. But the best part of '09? The few days before I left for London, we were on his bike and he was holding my hand with one of his free hands. Then he kissed it and turned to look at me and gave me this big smile.

I will always remember that. I think it was the best and most beautiful smile I have ever seen. Because it was so sincere and unexpected. I just didn't know how to respond to that so I gripped his hand tighter.

Other than love, friends has also become a great part of this year. I am always grateful for the fact that, wherever I go, I always have a good, dependable friend by my side. Ezzura was there for me in primary school and all the way through high school. Syaz, Naza, and Sai were my besties in matriculation. And now? Soleha is my closest friend and confidant.

Sure, out of all the sweetness and comfort friends provide, there will always be that sour spot when you think you won't make it through. Though all my friends has gone through these times with me, times when we don't really speak to each other or are mad at one another, I think a special thanks should go out to my best BFF ever.

I've always thought of making a post about her one day. About how we met and the childhood we spent together. How she's still a great friend to me now. But I didn't know how to get it all out without sounding oh-so-corny and with a hint of gay. Well, after all the laughter and tears we've shared together, all the long phone calls and texts before we discovered boys to entertain us, there were still times when we got so pissed at each other, we had screaming matches. And I'm sorry to say that one of these times happened in 2009.

I love you weh. And I'm really2 sorry for hurting you at any time. You're like the sister I never had and the best friend I'll always have. I'm amazed that you manage to forgive me every time we fight, while I pull a face and sulk. I'm sorry I'm not the strong one to apologize in the heat of the moment. But you are and I respect that. I hope every year will be good to you and no matter what happens, please remember that you can count on me to be there for you.



There. I told you it was going to be corny.

Ahem. *straight back, wipes tears away and pulls a straight face*

2010 holds many new beginnings for me. Graduation, getting a job, maybe renting a place of my own, and getting my first car. Bringing him to meet my parents, and then my sister's getting married in June. Then, at the end of 2010, he'll graduate.

I'm already so psyched for 2010. Nervous, excited, but most of all, anticipating with high hopes. Don't bother asking me what's my new year's resolutions. I never have one because you might as well call it "Things I'll never get done in 2010". But I do have one mission but it's got nothing to do with the excitement of a new year. This mission has been up and running since 29/12/09 and hopefully will be complete by 29/03/10.

Wish me luck!

I can't wait to watch the fireworks with him tomorrow. And I can't wait to unravel the future with him.



Happy new year everyone. May all your dreams and wishes come true. God bless you!

6 comments:

Miss Devilicious said...

so sweet~ mcm nk nangis bca prt asrul kish tgn awk tuh :) dgn prt ezzura :)

miSz tUna said...

and I'm waiting for April 2010.. oh yeah.. :)
happy new year to both of you....

Khairatul Azwa said...

mereka itu nyawa sy taw..=) hehe..hepi new year sai..syg awk!

Khairatul Azwa said...

hoho..i can imagine ur excitement wani..am so happy for u..=) happy new year..!

Nur Ezzura said...

wehhhhh..aku sangat terharu la weh..i love you azwa..!i dont care if it sounds gay!i just love you!

Khairatul Azwa said...

i love u more weh =)