Monday, March 29, 2010

If We Ever Meet Again

For the past week, I've been watching the series Mercy everyday, sometimes up to 3 episodes a day. Not a big surprise I guess, since the series is about nurses so I can really relate to the whole story, even if they make me wanna cry each episode.

Today's was about a man who woke up from a coma after 10 years. My favorite nurse in the series, Veronica, had to re-introduce him to the world, tell him what's been going on in the past 10 years. She told him about i-phones, Twitter, Facebook, Obama, and the 9/11. He was shocked at how much the world has changed but, after 10 years, he remembers the girl he's been going out with for 6 weeks before the accident that put him into the coma. He remembers his dog, his family. And he remembers all the things the nurses has been saying around him while he was unconscious.

Another point of today's episode is about things you've always wanted to do but couldn't. One of the nurses, Sonia, moved in with her boyfriend and someone reminded her that she's young and she should do stuff she wants to do before settling down.

Well, that one's easy. What have I always wanted to do? I want to go skydiving. Bungee jumping. I want to go to Disneyland and go on the most terrifying roller coaster. I want to go to Paris and stand on top of the Eiffel Tower with the man I love.

I guess that's all, the things I've always wanted to do, and I'd prefer doing all that before settling down. Marriage is a huge deal for me, even my relationship takes so much hard work, I can't imagine how stressful marriage will be for me. Granted, there will be many perks that will make all the stress worth it and I will (hopefully) be more mature then so I guess I'd handle it better than I think I would right now. Which is why I do not plan to get married at any age before 25. Only 3 years left, oh. my. God.

So anyway, what's the other thing? Oh yes. If my lights went out tonight, what would I remember 10 years from now?

1. Asrul will always be number 1 on my memory list. Sure, I'd still remember my family because I've had them my whole life, but I think my heart would really wonder about Asrul the moment I wake up. I'd remember his stupid jokes that would make me laugh no matter how pissed off I was. I'd remember how much he loves chocolate. I'd remember us both going on air on FlyFm's flirty at 10.30 on the 1st of November, 2007. I'd remember the night when he first broke us up. I'd remember his smell, his eyes. I'd remember London and how I wished every minute that he was there with me.

2. I'd remember Earth Hour. How my mum would read from a book for me and my dad. I'd remember all the advice my mum's given me about my love life. And I'd remember how easily my dad accepted Asrul, despite what we've been through, and how grateful I am for that.

3. I'd remember The Fight I had with Ezzura. The one that put an end to our 15 year friendship. I'd remember the reason for the fight, the things she said, how hurtful it was and how I felt when I woke up the next morning. I'd remember how I think about that everyday but don't say a word to anyone, not even Asrul. I'd remember the day her mother passed away, the day I left a terrible relationship and seeked refuge at her place for what seemed like weeks. I'd remember how she would lie beside me and just watch me cry and at the end she said "air mata kau banyak gila kan". And then she put on Hilary Duff's So Yesterday and we sang along as we jumped on the bed.

4. I'd remember that as of right now, I have exactly 9 weeks left of university. I'd wonder how my research went and please, if I do wake up 10 years from now, don't tell me I didn't graduate. I'd go crazy and kill myself. Be nice and make me a fake degree.

I think that's all, can't think of anything else. It's already 1 a.m. and I promised myself I would go to bed at midnight, the very latest. I haven't even ironed my uniform yet. Gotta be up early tomorrow and get going on data collection, which I hope will be the very last round tomorrow. And then I'm on evening shift at the ward until 9 p.m.

Why is it that Friday is so close to Sunday but Monday is so very far from Friday?

3 comments:

miSz tUna said...

I couldn't respond to the 'i think this is..' because I'm not myself right now. Not really.

But the post made me cry.

And kind of made me think. Do you mind if I use the motive (If my lights went out tonight, what would I remember 10 years from now?
) and just write something that I might reflect later in my blog? I don't want you to think I'm a copycat, so I'm asking for your permission before I decide what to write.

I guess there are times in life, that you feel like you just keep ploughing on for the sake of being alive. You don't know where you're really going, just knowing that you just have to keep moving.

I hope, I'll pass this phase. It's not beautiful at all.

by the way, Mercy sounds interesting. Do they have it is CD's anywhere? How amny seasons are therE etc etc.?

Khairatul Azwa said...

awww wani, of course u may write something like this. I won't mind at all :)

Mercy is a new series, so it's just up till season 1, episode 16 now. Here's the link to watch all the episodes online

http://www.fastpasstv.com/tv/mercy/

i know u're a strong person and will get thru this. hang in there okay.

miSz tUna said...

thanks :)