Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Work Hard, Play Harder

I haven't written for quite some time now, have I? Well, apart from the fact that I'm dead busy that I don't even have time to pee anymore, I've also been feeling so many feelings lately, that it's hard to articulate. Also, I've been treading extra carefully now, wanting things to work out just right.

Okay, reality check.

I'm now in my 3rd week of nursing management clinical posting at a medical ward and I am just so exhausted. I wake up at 6 am every weekday, sometimes even 5.30 am and then I need to be at the ward by 7 am and work non stop till 2 pm. After 2 pm, there's the discussion session and passing over of patient reports that can take up to 4 pm. I've even experienced days where I couldn't find time to sit down from 7 am to 4 pm, except for the 15 mins break at around 11 am. Crazy, huh?

And I predict I'll be even busier by next week since my research has just gotten approved by the research ethics committee yesterday. What's my research about? It's called A Study on Violence in Dating Relationships Amongst Late Adolescents in UKM. Yes, students aged between 17 - 21 of UKM Bangi, here I come. I really hope to finish data collection by next week, it's just a simple survey, so I can get moving on the write up. I'm currently polishing up chapters 1, 2, and 3 to speed things up.

Okay, boring boring. But of course, my life wouldn't be complete without a bit of fun. Last Thursday, my darling boyfriend's study loan came rolling in so he took me out, rich boy style.

;)

We went to One Utama, searching for my favorite chili cheese fries at Carl's Jr but they were sold out (wtf?!) and I sulked at that so he treated me to KFC's cheezy wedges (with extra cheese!), cheesy chickaroni, and an oreo McFlurry. He knows how much I love cheese and I really can't figure out why he loves to watch me eat. I eat lots and believe me, it ain't pretty.

We browsed around OU and I found so many dresses that would go with this year's nursing dinner theme but my mom has yet to give me some cash so I'll just have to come back some other time. But I saw a shirt I really liked and he bought it for me.

=)

And he also bought a shirt I picked out for him at Romp. Then we headed to Murni in SS 2/2 for "dinner". It was more like supper. His Nasi Goreng Maryland was awesome and I couldn't finish my Nasi Goreng Soft Shell Crab so I packed the leftovers and had them for lunch on Friday. Seriously, the food portions there are HUGE. I should know, I eat like a cow on fire.

Saturday he took me out for lunch where I finally had my chili cheese fries and then we bought midnight tickets for Alice in Wonderland in 3D and I took him shopping again. I've never realized this before but I think he loves shopping just as much or maybe even more than I do. I was dead tired but he was going in and out of every shop we passed. Oh, and he doesn't want to look at girl's clothes. Ye la, nanti kena belanja kan? =p

He bought yet another shirt and then we watched Alice at 12.30 am which ended well past 2 am. I was so tired I could fall asleep on my feet but still we headed over to a shop near Leisure Mall Cheras where there's this awesome satay stall. But the stall was already closed so I had nasi lemak ayam instead.

Sunday I was awakened by his call, inviting me to Sg. Congkak with his family. I went but really, I've been dreading the time when I'd have to face his parents since the break up. His parents weren't mad at me, they even tried to convince him to get back together with me but still... malu lah. But things worked out okay and I even met some of his cousins for the first time, which was great. After Sg. Congkak, we hung out at his house and later in the evening, his cousin took us out for a movie at Leisure Mall Cheras. I would usually protest at being taken out for an outing in my own backyard (ye la, nak bawa jalan-jalan, baik bawa jauh-jauh terus) but then again, orang nak belanja.

>=)

We watched Niyang Rapik which I thought was a total flop and Liyana Jasmay isn't even pretty, but it was nice because we shared a Baskin Robbins ice cream and a 1901 hot dog. I told you, we're rich boy style now. Hehe.

*Deep breath*

I've gotta stop. Sometimes I take things for granted and forget the fact that I'm using his study loan, which is meant for his STUDIES. So I shouldn't make him pay for so much and I already feel guilty now, for saying I want this and that and then saying yes to everything he offered. Yes, it may be true that this is his way of making it up to me because I've been paying for most things for the past 2 years or so but I think it's exactly because of the fact that I've been the one usually paying for stuff, it feels weird now that I don't need to get my wallet out. It makes me feel guilty, in some way.

But not guilty enough for me to borrow some cash to buy this dress and a pair of patterned stockings.





I absolutely adore the dress and I've been looking for a pair of socks exactly like these! Somehow, the ones I saw in shops all over the place weren't at all the same as the ones I saw on E! Buzz, I think it was the one on DKNY's runway show or something.

Yes, I do not even have the money to buy conditioner, but where there's a will, there's a way.

=)

No comments: