Monday, July 26, 2010

The Excellent Secret Keeper


That's me with my mama.

Today at my sister's birthday dinner, my sister opened her Thomas Sabo necklace which came along with a charms catalog. My mum was sitting next to me, then took the catalog and asked me to guess which charm she bought for my coming birthday.

"Ma, I want it to be a surprise!"

"I'm asking you to guess only la..! Ha, see..which one you like? I buy the most expensive for you, you know.."

Terharu sekejap. "Ermm..okay". So I leafed through the catalog. She paused at one page.

"It's on this page!"

"Oh really? Hurmm..something with a pearl?"

"No, papa picked a pearl one for you but I said it's too big, you won't like it".

"Must be something with diamonds then. Is it this one?" I pointed to a dragonfly shaped charm, encrusted with diamonds.

"No, not that that one! Guess some more". What a relief. It would've ruined the whole surprise!

"Ma, I don't want to know la!"

"It's on this page, look!". I could see her thumb pointing to a pink round diamond with a heart in the middle. I think it was that one but I pushed the catalog away quickly.

My dad was sitting next to my mum, listening in on everything. "You can never trust mama with a secret".

Note to self : Never tell mama something unless I want the whole family to know.

I can't wait for my birthday!

2 comments:

Nur Ezzura said...

Hahahahahaha!!mak ko memang comel la weh!!

Khairatul Azwa said...

hahahaa! die cm x sbr gle nk bg kt aku bracelet tu! now she know how i feel mse aku bli kt ko dlu! haha! i oso can't wait la..!:D