Thursday, June 24, 2010

Moving Day

Today :

1. Sat for the Nursing Board exam at 9 a.m. and finished at 11.30 a.m. How was it? Let's just say I've had worse.

2. Had a talk from Takaful Insurance on yada yada yada. What was that again? Sorry, I was listening but wasn't interested. So I checked out early.

3. Visited Kak Mas at the Gynae ward as she's pregnant with no 2 but coming down with hyperemesis. That's just a fancy word for excessive vomiting.

4. Had lunch in college, fell asleep for a half hour after that.

5. Went out to MidValley with Asrul around 4 p.m., finally bought that thing I've been dying to buy. I wanted to shop for a pair of shoes for my convocation after that but none of the shoes stood out for me so I didn't get any.

And while we're at it, let me just say that it is beyond ridiculous for Vincci to price their shoes at RM 80 and above because really, the quality of their shoes suck, and I only went there because I thought the price would be as low as the quality but I guess too many people shop at Vincci for them to realize that their footwear suck.

I've had so many broken straps and heels from Vincci, thank you very much, so I haven't been there in a while. Their price hike might as well be robbery. I'd go for Nose over Vincci any day.

6. Had ice mango special with Asrul, walked around MidValley with no real direction, bought a pretzel to eat in the car and then headed to Taman Midah to get Asrul a haircut as he'll be going back to classes tomorrow (Hahaha, saya dah habis belajar!)

7. Had dinner at Penara, their bihun sup is the best!

8. Asrul got 4 boxes for me from a sundry shop for me to start packing tomorrow.

9. Went to the Connaught Night Market to buy myself a movie for my last night here in college (anything to postpone all the packing!!). So we pooled in our money and bought Karate Kid and Letters to Juliet. He took Karate Kid home with him so we're exchanging tomorrow.

I turned to the shop next to the one where we bought our DVDs and guess what I saw was on sale? Sims 3!

Yes, I bought it and I baru je install ni!

10. Am now writing this post.

Tomorrow :

1. Wake up at the crack of dawn. Well, actually Asrul will be waking up at the crack of dawn to go register at his polytechnic, he'll wake me up before he leaves home so I can drag myself out of bed and do the pleasurable task of no 2.

2. PACK UP MY ROOM. Throw out all food (I'm sure they're all past their expiry date anyway), pack up clothes, books, make up, pillows, linens, plates, mug, mirror, weighing scale, toiletries, throw out old clothes and notes I will probably never use again. Carry them all downstairs to the car and stuff 'em deep and drive all the way home only to carry them all out and dump 'em in my near-empty room at home.

No one's home tomorrow so Asrul will be helping me pack up from here in college and move my stuff back home. He's kind enough to be taking the time after his registration to come help me out (because I told him to).

It's not just that I'm lazy with all the sorting and the packing and cleaning and God knows what I'm going to do with the 29" TV I have here (not to mention my ironing board, dish rack, shoe rack, and oven toaster. Sometimes I wonder how they all made their way here), but I have the most awesomely annoying allergy to dust, ever. Just a sniff of dust can send me sneezing for the next hour. Not to mention my eyes will get all puffy and my face will break out in a rash and I'll be lucky if I don't need to be jabbed at the emergency unit tomorrow.

*Deep breath*

You can do it, Azwa. Rise and shine 7 a.m. tomorrow, packing will probably be done by noon and then it's straight back home and after all the moving, I can pass out at around 4 p.m.


That is my very, very messy room here in college. I painted the walls pink myself. Goodbye, room. I have dreamt many dreams, revealed some secrets, and shed a healthy lot of tears within your four walls. You've been witness to my late nights and sleepy afternoons, to friendships made and broken, to love found and lost. May your next resident be better than me and clean you more often. And may you never become haunted, amin.

No comments: