Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Farhan Farhana


Back in matriculation, there was an English Drama Festival themed "To Be Or Not To Be". We were all divided into groups in English class and the best drama would then represent the class for the said competition. My group comprised of the six of us; me, Sai, Syaz, Naza, Yana, and Farhan, the only male of the group.

While mulling over what to write for the script, I thought it would be funny to turn all the girls into guys and the only guy into a girl. And so, Farhan Farhana was born.

I stayed up with Syaz till 4 a.m. writing the script and going over it line by line, thinking of who suited which character and all the funny lines to slip in. It was worth it, though, because that drama won at our class level and went on to represent the class of H6E1 for the competition.

I'm not sure how long the whole competition ran for but there were many rounds and levels, we went through each round and (to my awesome surprise) made it to the top 3. It felt like it was going on for months, there were so many rounds!

It was just the best moment ever when they announced who won second place and we automatically knew we won first place. We screamed so loud, my eardrums rang. It was super super awesome. All the late nights rewriting scripts, choreographing dance routines, constructing props, arranging the stage, finding and designing costumes, it was all worth it because now, we have memories to last us a lifetime. The big bonus is that the memory now includes winning first place.

Big thanks to everyone who helped out with this drama, not just to the people of H6E1 but to others who helped out and supported us, it would not have been possible without the group effort everyone gave.

Sai, saya ingat lagi awak cerita awak bangun tengah malam practice dance tu and roommate awak takut tengok awak menari dalam gelap and ingat awak kena rasuk ke ape, hahahaha

It was a long time ago but Syaz recently posted the video on Facebook and it's got me flipping through old photos feeling so nostalgic and grateful for having such great friends who gave me fond memories.

If you don't have anything to do for about 30 minutes, watch this drama, which I co-wrote and co-directed. It gets me laughing every time.




I make a pretty hot pengkid, no?

No comments: