Sunday, September 5, 2010

Wedding Dreams

1. The nikah

I want to be married at home. I already have a vision, of the living room all cleared up and decked with light pink roses in vases, balls of pink roses hanging from the ceiling, 2 huge nikah pillows in the middle of the room and a Quran right next to one of the pillows.

I want him to khatam Quran before we are married, so he'll have to start reading a year or so before and on the wedding day, I want him to read aloud the last page to the imam, my parents, family and friends.

I want my whole family there, both sides, Malay and Chinese. I'll be wearing a light pink dress with flowers in my hair, my nails and toenails will be covered in inai, Ezzura will be by my side, holding a whole box of tissues that I'll probably finish within the first hour.

As soon as we're pronounced husband and wife, I'll kiss his hands in respect and he'll kiss my forehead with love and then there will be a whole lot of crying and hugging, and after all that, I want to take those corny pictures of us on the bridal bed.

Which is, in my imagination, the bed I am currently sitting on in my room right now.

I already have a double bed but I'll probably buy a wooden bed frame, a cheap one (the expensive 4 poster bed is for our very own place later on). I want pink roses scattered on my bed which will be wearing brand new white wedding sheets with a sheer veil above it. I'll decorate the bridal room with lots and lots of our pictures as a dating couple, just as a reminder of how far we've come.

2. The reception

I came across this reception at Tasik Titiwangsa a while back with Asrul. It's gorgeous, isn't it? I was so taken by it, that I want my wedding to be here at Tasik Titiwangsa. Except that I'll probably have it open-aired with dim lights and candles and lanterns and a live band. With real red roses at every table and on the wedding dais. It will be a white themed reception, with lots and lots of red roses, including the bridal bouquet (but I'll probably add something special to the bouquet to make it, well, special).

The wedding cake? Here I will have to pause and be pissed off for a while. I actually came across a wedding cake in Strudels MidValley and fell immediately in love with it. It was a 5-tier white cake and it was simply gorgeous. I snapped a photo of it using my hand phone with the intention of saving it to be made into a replica for my wedding but, thanks to a certain bastard still scot-free somewhere out there, my N97 mini is gone, together with that wedding cake photo.

I tried to google that particular cake but couldn't find it. No, I don't want any other cake! I want that cake! With the stubborn streak a mile long that I have, I now vow to look for that cake once more in MidValley, snap a picture and upload it immediately. Thank you, creator of Blackberry.

So, no picture of my wedding cake here. But my wedding favors? Here it is :


Wedding cookies! Comel kan!! I want it to be in the shape of my wedding cake, which will be a monstrous 5-tier cake. Wait eh, later I'll upload that wedding cake. I will kay. I will.

And finally, the one everyone's been waiting for...

Drumroll, please....

Isn't it gorgeous? I'll wear red roses in my hair and a veil trailing down my back, it's going to be lovely.

My estimated number of guests? I actually want no more than 100 but let's just keep it at an estimated 200, to be safe. I sure wouldn't want to leave anyone out and hurt people's feelings. But one thing's for sure, it will be a private event, so be sure to RSVP beforehand. I want seating charts and everything. It's gonna be a classy and intimate wedding.

3. The everything else

Bila dah settle wedding dress, macam tak tahu apa lagi nak fikir?

Hehehe. I want my honeymoon to be in Sabah. I'm not gonna demand a super romantic getaway in Europe because God knows I'll never be able to afford that (and I don't expect to be marrying a millionaire anytime soon). So all I want is a 3 day cruise from the Peninsula to Sabah, the only state in Malaysia where I've never been. We'll have to book early because I want to be honeymooning in Sipadan Island. A 3 day cruise on a ship, plus 4 nights on the island (snorkeling, diving, dinner by the beach) and a flight back home to reality. I'm thinking of a 2 week honeymoon but let's see what we can afford.

I'd better start saving up from now cause it seems like a very expensive wedding. And I also want our house to be completely furnished (or at least semi) and ready to move in by the time the honeymoon's over. I'm hoping for a semi-detached house in a nice neighborhood with a good school nearby.

I want 4 kids. And I've already named all the girls. I don't have any names for boys yet but I have a few vague ideas.

Ps/ My mum will probably squash my dreams because she actually suggested to me once, that maybe I'd like a traditional Chinese wedding for my side and then a traditional Malay one for Asrul's side. I'm all game for the traditional Malay on Asrul's side but I very much prefer the open-air, night white wedding that I have replaying in my head almost every night before I go to sleep.

Arrgggghhh. Dah dah. I actually tak sabar lah nak kahwin!

6 comments:

miSz tUna said...

haha.. at least u've graduated..
now me and my bf.. hadoii!! loooong way to go still..

well, yes, start saving coz weddings are expensive these days..

may your dreams come true.. :)

miSz tUna said...

by the way.

you've got very vivid imagination.. *sigh*

i used to have one too.. somehow, i think i've lost the ability..

i wonder what happened?

blargh!!

Khairatul Azwa said...

hahaha sabar je la wani :) dh la wedding lg, umah lg, it's gonna cost a bomb! but it's gonna be worth every sen :)

thanks dear! :)

Khairatul Azwa said...

awww it'll come back to you one day. I daydream a lot, that'r why. hahahaa

Nur Ezzura said...

sukaaaaa!!!!!!!!

Khairatul Azwa said...

wehhhhh!aku dh x sbr gle ni nk kawin!!!hahahahaa!

eyh i wanna see ur wedding plans oso!post la!