Sunday, January 3, 2010

Real Love Means Being Strong

We've been fighting a lot lately. And I think the cherry on top of all that was the one we just had this evening. But I'm thankful he didn't leave when I told him to and cooled down enough to make me come to my senses.


Thank you for holding me tight. I love you.


Meanwhile, I have been busy and excited this weekend because my adopted cat seems ready to give birth. One of the signs of impending labor in cats is sudden affection and my Baby won't even take gentle stroking before this but for the past 2 nights, she has been following me around and even slept with me. And while she was sleeping, I could actually see the kittens moving in her belly.

This is her 3rd pregnancy and she has never taken care of her past 2 litters. She's easily distracted and isn't very motherly. So I was determined this time to care for her kittens, make sure she at least nurses them till they're ready to be weaned and then find the kittens a home or at least send them over to the RSPCA. And after all that is done, I am going to get the cat spayed, regardless of the fact that this cat isn't really mine and is more like a frequent visitor to my college hostel.

So I thought I could keep her around with food and went and bought some Friskies for pregnant kitties and a bag of cat litter. I even arranged the empty room in my place for her and the kittens.

Yes, I might sound crazy. But I just adore cats. And I just can't stand the thought of her kittens dying out in the cold because I am almost 100% sure she will abandon them, like she did with the past 2 litters. Besides, I have always wanted to be a vet since I was a little girl and so I was excited at the prospect of watching her give birth.

Okay, I must stop now. I am generally really shy over the fact that I really love cats. I do not like people seeing me beaming with affection. I don't know why, maybe I am just hardwired to be inexpressive about my feelings.

So anyway. Baby is now missing. I have circled the college 3 times today looking for her. I have climbed up all the blocks, and mind you, each block has 4 floors. I went up all the 8 blocks but couldn't go up the other D and F blocks because I do not have the access card.

Baby, if you come home after this and you are not pregnant nor looking after your kids, I am going to disown you for life.

Please pray that my cat will come home soon with her kittens still in her belly.

=(

Oh wait. I was going through the new year pictures a moment ago and I found one that really showed off my recent pinkish highlights. Remember when I said I was going to get my hair dyed?



Not only is this a really awesome shot of my new hair color, it's also a really rare one where I am flashing my teeth. Haha. Yes, I was 17 when I first realized I have huge bunny teeth and that they're not as cute on me as they were when I was a kid.

p/s Thanks Shafiq, for the awesome photos. ;)

No comments: