Friday, January 29, 2010

After All, You Are My Love

It isn't easy, to find someone who would stick by you, through the good and the bad. And I am so lucky to have him. He, who still loves me at times when I don't even like myself. Who can take a deep breath, close his eyes, and lay his hand upon mine when I am throwing a tantrum. Who then makes this fire in me turn ice blue and then put out cold.

2 years, 3 months, and 1 week, it's been since we first got together. 3 years and 5 months since I knew him. He has seen me at my very worst, when I am ashamed at being in my own skin, and also at my very best, when my parents hold me up like a shining star; and he has kept me strong and smiling through all of those times.

He has had some tough times too, and even though I may seem like a pain in the ass at those times, have no doubt my dear, that my heart is no where as harsh as my words and you know, don't you, that no matter what, I always come right back at you because I am a part of you indefinitely.

We have had so much (too much) hardship but also an equal amount of laughter. More recently, we've had to work that much harder in our relationship, to keep the glue holding us together tight and strong. And honestly, I've been a horror in the past month or so. I've been feeling extremely unstable and stressed out, for many different reasons (both unintentional and self-induced). But I believe there is a reason for everything and yes, I do see him in a different light now. He is so patient sometimes, I am amazed.

What I'm trying to say is, we've been through so much, the ups and downs, the bitter and sweet, and the phase where everything seems bland and numbing, but in the end, after all that, you are my love. The love who accepts me like no one else can, the one who I must try to be a better person for.

You've already won me over in spite of me
And don't be alarmed if I fall head over feet
Don't be surprised if I love you for all that you are
I couldn't help it
It's all your fault

No comments: