Friday, April 30, 2010

Time To Hit The Books

I am finally done with Chapter 4 of my thesis. Chapter 5 will approximately be 8 pages long, I think, and I'm going home tomorrow to write it because I need my dad to walk me through it. Soleha will be doing Chapter 6 and then we'll meet up on Monday to put it all together, edit the few bits here and there, add a little more literature review and.... we're done!!

Yesterday me and Ika went to Times Square around 9 p.m. to shop for a new floral dress, the one I said I've been dying to wear. I decided against a dress because it was kinda revealing, considering it's for a hi-tea function this Sunday where all my lecturers will be so I opted for a floral skirt.

The good news? I found the exact same shop I loved in Sunway, here in Times Square! It had all these adorable floral skirts and dresses, you know those cute ones with gold zippers? The bad news? It didn't fit me. God, I hate all this weight I've put on since London!! I'm so fat, I could hardly fit into my old jeans!

I was depressed and frustrated that I couldn't fit into the damn skirt. So what did I do? I ate.

Hahaha. We drove over to Murni in SS2 PJ, where I had this really huge plate of Nasi Goreng Maryland! I finished every bit because I hate wasting food (which is probably why I put on all that weight in the first place).

Okay. That will be my last binge for the year. I think. But Sunday won't count because it's a university function and it's a buffet, you lose if you snooze. My sister's wedding is in a little over a month from now and I'd hate it if I got too big to fit into my bridesmaid dress.

*Deep breath* Get a grip, Azwa. No eating unnecessarily. I should really get more exercise.But with all my thesis work and studying for exams, all I'm ever doing is sitting on my ass.

That's it, I'm going home tomorrow and when I get back here Saturday, I'm bringing my running shoes and have no doubt that I will go jogging everyday! (I hope)

Speaking of exams, Facebook and my friends blogs have all been flooded with exam schedules and good luck wishes. As usual, everyone's sitting for their exams earlier than me and that means, they'll have longer holidays too. But no worries, this will be my last exam ever until I get bored and decide to pursue a Masters. So anyway, here's a few of my friends' well thought out and creatively designed schedules:


This one is my bestie's

And this one is my classmate's (I stole it from her blog) so it's the same as mine.

After viewing everyone's schedule, and hanging out in my house mate's room and noticing her own exam schedule, I decided that I should really write down all my exam dates. After all, I've got it all saved on my cellphone calendar but really, I have no idea when my exams are. So after searching for some paper and a dependable pen, here's my exam schedule


I'm such a creative girl, aren't I? I had no idea where to put it up because my soft board was all filled up with cards and pictures of my loved ones so I did all that I could do and here it is :

As you can all probably guess, I'm not that big on exams. I hardly ever study, but I do cram up on the final week before exam starts. I still find it hard to believe that the lecturers are actually marking my paper and giving me a 3.5 average each semester. I think somehow, my papers must have been switched with someone who actually knows what they're writing about.

BUT. I will try to study very, very hard this one last time. Why? Because I really don't have any idea what I've learnt this semester. All I seem to be doing is my thesis and doing my clinicals in the ward, which is hands-on work so I really don't know what I've theoretically learnt this semester. And it's gonna be our last exam, so it's gonna be a killer one.

What I really need now isn't a prayer that my exams will run smoothly. I need a prayer for me to get off my ass and actually do some studying because really, I know I can deal with the exams if I actually study like I'm supposed to. I've become so lazy lately.

Okay, a quick note to my favorite people. Thanks Milla, for that advice yesterday. I really needed that and I think it woke me up To my dear Sai, be strong okay! Poor you, so sweet yet so plagued with demonic people, you should really sue them. But it's okay, when we're done with this hellhole place, let's party at Sunshine!And Ezzura, I know you're really working hard at scoring for your exams, so I hope your results really kick ass this time! You're hardly ever online now and I miss you!

And my dear Asrul, you've been such an angel lately, I really don't know what to say to show how much I appreciate you. Don't worry, love. We're getting better everyday.

2 comments:

miSz tUna said...

all the best for your exams! :)

Khairatul Azwa said...

thank u wani..! and u too :)