Friday, April 16, 2010

You Gave My Life Direction, I Gave Your Love Connection



If there was any song that would instantly remind me of Asrul, it would be this one by Train. He bluetoothed it to my phone one day and started singing it to me and said the part "watching you is the only drug I need" reminds him of me. And ever since then, if this song comes up on the radio, we would turn it up and sing our lungs out together.

:)

Heck, if he's not in the car and this song comes up, I would still turn it up and sing at the top of my voice like he's there with me.

I am so bored. My thesis isn't done yet and I'm waiting till Sunday to go home to my dad so I can ask him some questions on analyzing data and only then can me and my research partner get down to writing up Chapter 4 and 5. We're all done on Chapter 1 and 3, Chapter 2 Literature Review needs some updating but it needs to correspond to the research findings and that's where data analyses comes in. I really don't want to feel like a bum wasting time but the more I think of it, the less I think I can do. Plus, my laptop doesn't have SPSS and I really can't be bothered to install it cause this dumb thing keeps crashing all the time. I'm gonna see if my dad will lend me his laptop for a few days next week, I don't think he's using it currently.

Me and Asrul got into a heated argument yesterday that ended with me showing up at Shah Alam at 2 a.m. with a bar of chocolates for him. We talked things through and it ended really well and I only got back to college at 4 a.m. Did you know, that with no cars on the road and driving at 140km/h, you can get to Shah Alam from Cheras in just 15 mins?

>=)

I had little sleep last night and today we had to take this little mini-test/teaching session, I really don't know what to call it, for our nursing "crosses". I'm not gonna bore you out with all this nursing nonsense, it's enough for you to know that I'm gonna have to review a whole lot of 4 years of learning to sit for the final exam at the end of May and also for the Nursing Board exam in June. And there's another one of these sessions I have to go to tomorrow morning, 10 a.m. at the Emergency Department.

Saya serious malas nak bangun pagi.

As much as I think last night was an improvement in our relationship, (because I went over to say I'm sorry, how often does that happen?) I really wish he didn't have to bash his phone against a wall (hence, the need for me to drive all the way there to talk to him). Now I miss him like hell because we can't text or call, and the only communication I get from him is through his friends.

=(

About 3 weeks back, I had this really bad flu that took a little over a week to heal. It was the first time I've been given antibiotics, though I was kinda skeptic because a flu is virus-related isn't it? Anyhow, I got better, but it's left me with episodes of breathing difficulties, even when I'm doing nothing but sitting in front of my laptop. It also feels like there's a lump in my throat and I feel a sort of numbness on the left side of my neck. The other day when I was in the ward, I checked my oxygen saturation level and it was just 93%, which is weird for a healthy young person like me.

My differential diagnosis? a)pneumonia, maybe? The flu was definitely the worst I've ever had. Or b)God forbid, a pharyngeal tumor?

Whatever it is, it really is getting harder to breathe. But I'd hate to go all the way to a clinic, wait in line for hours, only to have the doctor smirk at the description of my symptoms, and send me home with yet more antibiotics. You know doctors in clinics. They don't take you seriously unless you've passed out cold on the floor.

I'm currently waiting for Asrul to get back from futsal which started at midnight. I couldn't make it this time cause my car is out of petrol and I only have a pathetic RM 7 left in my wallet.

What happened to the old fashioned main bola di padang petang-petang? Why must people pay RM 100 just to play footie in the middle of the night in a tiny net-bound court?

Saya tak faham lah. Nasib baik saya sayang awak tau.

No comments: