Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Waking Up The Supergirl In Me


This will be my last post until after my theory exams, which will end on the 19th of this month. My hectic schedule only really ends on the 27th but I think after the 19th, I'll be a little more relaxed by then.

Today we had a briefing on our Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) which will be in just 2 days time. That's 48 hours from now. I have yet to cover all topics and now I truly regret my laid back, no worries attitude towards exams. We visited the clinical skills lab today and it was only then that the reality of exams hit me. If I do not pass, I will not be a licensed nurse. If I do not pass, I will have to come back next year.

Last night I calculated my estimated CGPA for my whole 4 years here in UKM. If I score a 3.5 average this semester, my CGPA will only be 3.38. Pathetic, huh? So I'd better score above 3.5 this semester (which is a tough feat).

My supervisor returned my thesis today, with little comment and minor corrections. Which is good, I guess? Now all that's left to do is the minor corrections, printing out those corrections and preparing the presentation slides by this Friday. I want to get that out of the way A.S.A.P.

My to do list, for now :

1. Study like mad for OSCE.

2. Ensemble all my clinical items and make sure my uniform is wrinkle-free. Oh, I need to re-starch my cap tonight.

3. After OSCE, I need to prepare my research presentation slides.

4. After submission of thesis on Friday, I need to study like mad for the theory exams on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I think I'll read Law & Ethics as a sort of bedtime story before putting lights out every night, and totally focus my daylight activity on Gerontology and go through my Nursing Management notes during mealtimes.

5. After exams on Wednesday, I can afford to hang around for a bit (I really wanna watch A Nightmare On Elm Street!) and then I have to get down to rehearsing my presentation on the 24th.

6. After the 24th, it's time to do some reviewing of the topics covered in the exams for VIVA on the 27th.

7. After the 27th, I have to call Sai and Ezzura to organize some real party and shopping time!


By the end of this month, I'll be looking for a part-time job (probably in Starbucks) for the month of June, while waiting to sit for the Nursing Board exam on the 23rd of June. I'll be working in the day and studying at night (I hope) and when July comes around, I'll be hopping all over Malaysia with my lecturer as a research assistant. By July I should really be sending out my resume to hospitals for a nursing position while I wait for the interview from the Health Ministry. I'll probably work in some private hospital before going into the government sector. My first choice would really be to work for UKMMC but I heard all the nursing positions are closed up till December and I really can't afford to wait.

Early August will be my convocation.

So there, that's all my plans mapped out till somewhere near end of 2010. I really hope that by early 2011, I'll be writing from Sabah.

I am super exhausted. I'm suffering from difficulty in sleeping, even though I went jogging yesterday. I had to wake up early today and I thought I could go back to sleep after lunch but no, I should get down on my books.

Okay, like I said, this will be my last post until next Wednesday. I'll see you on the other side.

2 comments:

miSz tUna said...

nice. at least you have a plan. hehe..

Khairatul Azwa said...

can't afford not to have one :)