Saturday, May 15, 2010

Things I Want To Waste My Money On When I Work


1. Yun Nam hair care. Years of going to the salon every 6 months has taken a toll on my hair. I need a rejuvenation!

2. A whole wardrobe makeover. This goes without saying. My favorite labels? MNG, Dorothy Perkins, TopShop, Forever 21. At the bottom of my list are Zara and Jaspal. They don't really fit my taste, though I love Zara shoes. I will also be an avid fan and loyal customer of my favorite blogshops.

3. I'm gonna splurge on a huge wardrobe just for shoes. Boots, heels, flops, sandals, stilletos, everything under the sun.

4. A gym membership. My choice would be Celebrity Fitness, I'd even go VIP if I can afford it (salon and spa!). Because Sabah has no top gyms (I did my research), I'd better spend all my gym time while waiting for the ministry interview. Then, if I do get posted in Sabah, I can just do weight maintenance, such as jogging by the beach.

5. Paying for my car. And I mean my real car, not the Neo I am driving right now. I already have a Persona but my dad's using it (and rubbing it in my face every chance he gets) so I can't wait to get permanent ownership.

6. The cutest cat in the world. I'm gonna go kitty-picking with Asrul when we can afford it and even if I do get a position in Sabah, have no doubt that I will be taking kitty with me. I'm gonna pamper my cat with all sorts of things me and Asrul pick out every time we're in a pet store. Cat play things, sleeping houses, toys, catnip, grooming sessions, tagged collars, etc.

7. Room and house decor. I don't really know how I'm gonna decorate my own apartment yet but I know of one item that's gonna be hanging in my bedroom: a photo collage on a colorful canvas of all the people I love.

8. A new laptop. To be more precise, a MacBook. Or a Sony Vaio, depending on the individual functions. I'll have to really pay attention to the details when visiting the retailers to make my choice.

9. A Blackberry or an iPhone. I'm only getting the iPhone if I get the MacBook first because there's no point in getting the iPhone if I can't put in any compatible stuff in it.

10. Health stuff for both my parents, e.g., a massage chair, vitamins and skin products, or reading materials and stuff to keep them both mentally active after retirement. Especially for my dad who's retiring this year, and he's already 66, I want him to live long enough to at least see me get married. Which is way down the road.

11. Lastly, I'll have to save up each month if I'm going to have the wedding of my dreams, plus a house in a nice neighborhood to start married life. Financial stability is so important in a happy marriage.

To my favorite people, don't worry, I promise you nice, cool gifts on your birthdays and special occasions.


No comments: